Jojoba oil is actually classified as a liquid wax and is extracted from the seed of the plant, Simmondsia chinensis; a shrub native to the Southwest United States. This shelf-stable oil is similar to vegetable oil and contains vitamin E, phospholipids and wax esters. Jojoba Oil was used by Native Americans for many different purposes like as a conditioner, moisturizer and as a caffeine-like substance. Currently, this wax is used in many different cosmetics and is especially beneficial for damaged hair strands.
– Can be used as a scalp treatment—Jojoba oil easily penetrates deep within the skin and does not interfere with the scalp’s original balance. This is due to jojoba oil’s similar molecular structure to our natural sebum (oil).
– Works as an antibacterial – treats dry scalp and dandruff issues.
– Adds shine and moisture to hair/skin – penetrates and works from the inside, outwards.
– Creates volume for hair that is thinning – makes hair look thicker
– Assists in hair growth – stimulates blood flow to the scalp when applied directly to scalp daily. According to WebMD, jojoba oil also has the ability to unclog hair follicles which may also help to encourage hair growth.
– Helps with acne – Serves as an anti-inflammatory and kills bacteria that leads to break outs.
– Scar and stretchmark minimizer – moisturizing and strengthening effects lessen appearance of marks
– Anti-fungal cream – apply to fungus-infected areas to lessen the amount of bacteria
– Anti-aging serum – strengthens skin from the inside when applied to necessary areas
– Sunburn Relief – apply effected areas to lessen inflammation
– Make up remover – cleans and doesn’t dry out skin when makeup is removed
– Shaving Gel – apply to area to moisturize skin for a close, moisturized shave
– De-tangling Cream – mix with shampoo/conditioner to make hair more manageable
– Lip Balm – apply like you would chapstick, great for chapped/cracked lips
Jojoba Oil is one of the key ingredients in the Regenepure Intense Volumizing Biotin Conditioner. This natural ingredient is a great moisturizing component for thinning hair strands. The many benefits of this oil work together with the other elements of the conditioner to lessen hair loss and leave a soft, silky finish. Use Regenepure’s Biotin Conditioner after washing hair with Regenepure DR or NT shampoos. Leave conditioner in for 3-5 minutes for extra moisture. Rinse thoroughly.
Jojoba oil should not be taken by mouth and can cause heart issues if ingested.