Saw Palmetto, a plant native to the eastern portion of the United States, is a small palm tree which can be used for medicinal purposes. When the plant’s fruit, brown-black berries, becomes ripe, the fatty acids and phytosterolscan assist in curing many health issues. Founded by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, Saw Palmetto can be absorbed in several ways.
Uses of Saw Palmetto
– Helps cure urinary tract infections – Mainly geared towards men with an enlarged prostate and other lower urinary tract symptoms
– Testicular inflammation – Lessens swelling and pain related to testicular atrophy
– Respiratory congestion – Clears up nasal and sinus discharge that appears excessive, lessens chest congestion
– Helps strengthen metabolism – Thyroid strength is increased and overall gland function is improved
– Helps with digestion – Progresses nutrient absorption and stimulates appetite
– Nurtures Nervous System – Removes waste from nerves and nourishes nerve impulses
– Hair growth – when taken orally or used topically, is known to help rebuild hair follicles
– Aids prostate health – Helps lessen symptoms like frequent urination, urination issues and size of prostate depending on signs
– Acts as a nutritive tonic – detoxifies, digests and alkalizes
– Works as a natural aphrodisiac – Decreases problems with sexual organs, balances hormones, increases sex drive
Regenepure Intense Volumizing Biotin Conditioner aims to rebuild hair follicles, promote growth and enhance volume. The main ingredients: Biotin, Tea Tree Oil, Jojoba Oil, Keratin, Silk Protein, Copper Peptides and Saw Palmetto, are very nutrient dense, creating a fresh scent and healthy head of hair. Apply the Biotin Conditioner after using Regenepure DR or NT shampoos and rinse thoroughly. For dry hair, keep conditioner on hair for 5-10 minutes for extra moisture.
Saw Palmetto and Hair Loss
Saw Palmetto can be used as a natural treatment for hair loss by blocking the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Dihydrotestosteroneis a hormone accountable for hair loss, as well as other other health problems. DHT is converted from testosterone with the help of an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase. Saw Palmetto however, has been shown to stop hair loss because of its ability to block the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, preventing the creation of dihydrotestosterone which ultimately reduces the chance of hair loss.
Side Effects of Saw Palmetto
With the benefits of this natural component, comes some side effects. However, according to Medline Plus, the side effects that go along with ingesting Saw Palmetto are usually mild. Topically, Saw Palmetto is better for you and involves less side effects. When taken orally, there are more possible risks that needed to be monitored while using this ingredient. These are the main side effects that should be looked out for:
Nausea or other related stomach issues
Digestive problems and/or diarrhea
Pain in the muscles
Depression or other mood altering issues
If you have any of these effects after ingestion, you should stop use and seek medical attention immediately.
Saw Palmetto is a natural and effective element in the Regenepure Biotin Conditioner. When applied, this organic ingredient can assist in the growth and strengthening of thinning hair. Along with the many beneficial components, the Biotin Conditioner targets multiple hair types and both genders alike.